The dream of every marketer having a website or doing SEO for their website is to get on the #1 position on the first page of search engine result pages (SERPs). Although the whole first page of SERPs is a prime place to be at but #1 no doubt is especially valuable as the data back it up that the CTR is at least 200% higher for the websites ranking on #1 comparative to their closest counterpart on #2 and that is exactly why SEO services in India are gaining immense popularity.
But the way of getting on that spot have many roadblocks i.e. just thinking about getting authority backlinks and getting a higher rank for some specific keywords is sufficient, you need to think a lot of factors that influence the ranking of your website. Therefore, SEO company in Delhi is working hard to find the algorithms that work.
Two of the most important factors are Domain Authority(DA) and Page Authority(PA).
What is Domain Authority (DA)?
The term DA is a bit explanatory as you will get some idea about what is DA just going by its name. It basically means how much your site is likely to rank higher in comparison to your competitors’ websites. It is not an independent term but it’s a comparative term instead.
DA is a metric developed by MoZ, that predicts and let you know how you’re your website will rank on the search engines. This has become a standard term used by SEO services in India when we talk about the ranking on the SERPs and SEO. A low DA results in a very huge loss of traffic and conversion so it becomes very important to increase DA of your website.
SEO company in Delhi suggest increasing your domain authority indirectly means increasing the chances to rank higher on the result pages. Increasing DA is not a thing which can be increased overnight, but it is a long term process. You just can’t make just 1 or 2 changes and expect to reach your DA at par your expectations. But still, there are some actionable steps which you can follow to Increase the DA of your website.
Ways to increase the Domain Authority :
1. Make Sure Your On-Page SEO is in Place: This becomes one of the most important factors when we talk about increasing the DA of a website. On-Page SEO and its technical aspects are the core of the DA-improvement Efforts. To improve your DA, you need to improve your overall SEO and that includes some main factors like below, which need to be maintained:
● Keywords Density
● Heading Tags
● Targeted Keywords
● Meta Description
● Image Optimization
● Writing Keyword Rich Titles
● Permalink Structure
The best technique to bring interested visitors to your website is On-Page SEO and properly done On-Page SEO will Increase your Domain Authority.
2. Publish Quality Content: In order to achieve a good DA, you need to write and publish the Quality Content. Because when your content is unique and approachable then only it will be able to get value everywhere. While writing a content you need not think about its length but the thing to keep in mind is, it should be relevant and unique.
You should always keep a phrase in mind that “Content is king”. You can never compromise on content because the content is what attracts visitors. You can use images, videos, infographics, GIFs to make it more attractive or interesting. Longer articles are considered to be more informative, so you can keep the length of your content more than 800 words.
There are some major factors which you should keep in mind while writing an article for publishing :
● Avoid duplicate content, but write fresh and genuine one
● Provide something new to your reader everytime
● Avoid keywords stuffing, and always check for grammatical as well as spelling mistakes.
● Don’t go off topic and start talking unnecessary things
● Write the content for the users not for the search engines
● Never put too many links into your content
● Avoid doing silly mistakes i.e. improper tags and meta description.
3. Generate High-Quality Links: It’s not going very easy to get high-quality backlinks, but it is going to be worth it. When you create low-quality links for your websites it reduces the site’s ranking on Google instead of adding some value. There are some good methods to get good or high-quality links which are as follows:
A. Share your content on Social Networking Sites: Most of the social networking sites have good DA and when you share your content on these sites, you reach to a new audience and there are more chances for your content to go viral.
B. Guest Posting: For growing your brand’s authority the best technique is to have a guest posting, it is also useful to increase your referral traffic. It is a safe and advantageous technique. But the things to keep in mind while doing guest posting is that don’t overstuff the content with more and more links but do it in a systematic and proper way so that you can make the most out of it.
C. Content is a natural link builder: Not any other method is as good as publishing content. You just need to create good content which is simple, readable and information rich. You can create a lot of linkable contents to gain more and more high-quality links for your website.
4. Internal Linking: Linking your new content with your older posts is known as internal linking. But the thing to have in mind is the only link to older posts which are similar to the current post. Linking to the older posts make your content more informative and charming. Internal linking also reduces the bounce rate. Interlinking allows both the users and search engines to navigate to your websites easily.
5. Regularly remove toxic backlinks: Bad or toxic links directly affect your DA because for gaining a higher DA it is mandatory to have a good link profile. The bad links are affecting your website’s ranking on Google so it becomes essential to remove those bad links on a regular basis. It is as important as to make high-quality links.
You must have your link profile clean and spotless, don’t wait until the penalty strikes you to clean up your link profile. Most of the marketers don’t do it with regularity, make sure you do it now only and then continue to do it on a monthly or bi-monthly basis.
6. Increase Publishing Frequency: Most bloggers are not consistent in publishing the content, that is the reason they see the fluctuation in the Domain Authority of their website. It is not easy to post regularly but if you do it then improving your DA will become easy. There are some other benefits of regular posting which are as follows:
● Increased sales and conversion
● Generates trust among visitors
● Lots of quality content to link to
● Higher page rank, traffic, and revenue.
7. Have patience and let your domain grow older: Older domains are likely to have good DA comparative to the newer domains, a domain’s age will help you to increase your DA score and the ranking on Google. If your site is 4 or 5 years old and still it is active, that means your site is probably not a spam site and you have been publishing quality contents for a long time.
You should not worry much about the Domain Authority of your new website but that does not mean that a new website can’t have a good DA score. You just need to publish quality content regularly on your site and your DA score will improve as the time passes. So you should have patience and let your domain grow older.
What is Page Authority (PA)?
PA stands for Page Authority which is used as a metric to calculate the ability of a specific page of a website to rank in a search engine. A high PA indicates that your page has the potential to rank high in the search engine results. When you track the PA of each one page of your website then it may be very helpful to determine whether some of the inbound strategies of marketing are working or not.
For example if one of your posted blogs is not having good PA then you know that there is something about that page which can hurt its ranking and then you can also compare it to your previous blogs which have been managed to gain higher PA ranking in order to know what changes need to required and what should you avoid doing in future.
Ways to Increase Page Authority :
Three most effective ways to increase the Page Authority of the pages of a website are as follows:
1. Create Fresh Content: It all starts with a good content which means a good and fresh content is the best way to assure a good PA score. What you need to do is to just create high-quality content relevant to your brand or product & services and do post new and fresh content on a regular basis.
The better your content will be the more likely is to be shared, liked or commented on by the readers. The more likely other sites are to be linked with your web page. There are some points that can help you to create fresh and high-quality content.
● Make sure your content is interesting
● Make sure you update your content regularly
● Make sure your content is relevant & useful
● Make sure your content is readable.
2. Earn External Links: The external links are important for many reasons i.e. if a website links to one of your blogs in their article, then their audience will be able to know about your brand, which will help you to bring more traffic on your website as well.
So the higher the quality of the site on which your page is linked to, the higher quality of the traffic will be generated. Moreover, the external links from the higher quality websites are to be considered a strong indicator of quality, which generally Google deems very important.
You can earn external links by following ways:
● Create a good quality content and posts it on a regular basis
● Promote your content on social media
● Link to other high ranking websites in your blog posts
● Write guest blogs
3. Use Images: Use of images makes a big difference in attaining the good page authority, especially images which contains original content. Using images have many benefits, few of those benefits are as follows:
● Images make content more readable
● Images are more sharable
● Images can improve SEO
Conclusion: Whatever the marketing strategies and goals you have, you need to have more and more traffic on your website in order to attain those goals. You need to determine that your website or the web pages will rank higher on search engine result pages, you need to have a track on the Domain Authority of your website and Page Authority of the web pages.
Give a closer attention to the Domain Authority and Page Authority scores and do whatever you can do to increase the DA for your website and PA for your web pages. This will help you to put your website or web pages in the best possible position to earn a high ranking on search engines.