In Today’s Time the World has shifted from desktops to mobile devices in terms of Internet Usage as a study held in 2016 says that around 58% of traffic on the websites is coming from mobile devices and with the growth in the no. of smart phone and tablet users this no. will continue to rise, so now it has become crucial that you design your websites in such a way so that the people using mobile devices for going online can be catered well in the terms of better web experience. For making the web experience better in terms of speed for mobile users a new technology called AMP has been introduced in February 2016, now let us talk about what AMP actually is and Importance of AMP for your websites.
AMP Stands For , Which is a project from Google designed to make really fast mobile pages. It is a stripped-down form of HTML, a diet HTML we can say. But basically it’s an HTML page designed to be lightweight and it critically designs really fast loading, but there are some HTML tags you just can’t use in AMP.
The AMP Project is an open-source initiative aiming to make the web better for all. The project enables creation of web pages that are compelling, smooth, and load near instantaneously for users. It is supported by many different platforms, and it's compatible across browsers (i.e. Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari, Mozilla Firefox etc.).
Why AMP Is Important For The Websites:
Here we will talk about the Importance of AMP for Your websites:
1. Lightens The Speed: With nearly 55% traffic coming from mobile devices, providing a great reading experience on mobile devices is critical, so we should be focused on making mobile content load as quickly as possible. AMP loads nearly 4x faster than traditional web pages, while consuming eight times less data.
2. Reduces Bounce Rate: If the site is taking long time to load, it doesn’t matter how great our content is, some people will leave the page before they see what's inside your website. So using AMP the abundant rate for the website can be reduced.
3. Provides Optimization: Pages with a valid AMP version will be served within the mobile results above the rest of the results for a particular topic.
4. High Ranking On Google: AMP content loads 4 times faster than non-AMP material. This means that AMP-enabled pages can rank higher in mobile Google search results.
5. Works As Heaven For Users: AMP Increases website traffic by 10% and increases the time spent on page by 2x. This means users are coming to AMP websites more, they are staying longer and they are more likely to make a purchase.
Limitations Of AMP:
AMP HTML is heavily stripped-down because it is designed to provide the improved speed and readability of content to the users, in this approach it has some limitations which are as follows:
2. Lazy Load Functionality: Images will only load in AMP sites when you scroll down to them, which Shows a lazy load functionality.
3. Streamlined CSS Required: A streamlined version of your CSS will be required that means Only One page CSS is allowed in AMP.
4. Banned Some HTML Tags: Some HTML tags are strictly not allowed in AMP, and if you have used even single tag from those restricted ones, your AMP HTML will not be considered Valid.
Many businesses and publishers still haven’t adopted AMP code because of the limitations AMP have. While it provides generally a positive traffic metrics, AMP strips many on-page elements and don’t bring users to the publisher’s actual website. But benefits far excels the negatives. Jeewangarg.com is a digital marketing company which provides you the website designing services.
Many people prefer SEO over PPC for its long-term benefits, and because it is "free". But SEO takes time. By creating content, optimizing...Read More
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the techniques that used to drive more traffic to the website through obtaining the high-rank in the Search Eng...Read More
#987, Sector- 37
Near Mathura Road, Faridabad
Haryana 121003 (INDIA)